Welcome to the Migrant Resource Centre
The Migrant Resource Centre of Southern Tasmania is a not-for-profit organisation which, since 1979, has helped migrants and refugees to settle in Tasmania. Our skilled staff help migrants and refugees from all countries and ages.
A just, diverse and inclusive society
To provide leadership in the community to embrace cultural diversity by delivering responsive services for migrants, particularly those who are socially and financially disadvantaged.
We Value and Promote
- The principles of social justice, dignity and respect
- Collaborative community participation in an environment of inclusiveness
- Culturally appropriate services to individuals and communities.
Migrant Resource Centre Services
Our services include:
- individual help for new migrants settling in Tasmania;
- help and support for older migrants;
- Support and counselling for migrants who have experienced torture and trauma;
- community development and building cultural awareness of migrant issues;
- project management; and
- advice to government, business and the community about migrant needs and issues.